“” Documentation by “Chris Robinson (contempoinc)” v1.0.9
Thank you for purchasing my theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to email via my user page contact form here.
You can also view my ThemeForest profile here, visit my theme and stock art preview site here, or follow me on Twitter here.
Table of Contents
- Installation & WooTumblog
- Custom Shortcodes
- CSS Files and realestate_2
- PSD Files
A) Installation & WooTumblog - top
Please follow the installation initial instructions below.
- Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
- Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
- Browse the contents and find the notebook.zip file.
- Upload ONLY the theme folder to your "wp-content/themes" folder.
- Optional: If you do not wish to manually upload the theme only folder to your "themes" folder, there is an option. You can upload the zip file via the WordPress themes admin panel by selecting "add new" and clicking "upload".
- Login to your Wordpress admin and navigate to Appearance > Themes > locate "WP Notebook" and activate it.
- Once activated you will be redirected to the Options panel, where you can configure the theme. Make sure to throughly go through each panel and famalirize yourself with everything, there are a bunch of options to configure. Please also see the Quick Walkthrough Video.
- If this is a new installation and you would like some dummy content I've included an XML file with all the content from the theme demo.
- Go to Tools
- Click Import > Select Wordpress
- Click Browse > Find the supplied "wordpress.2012-12-12" located within the main folder
- Click Upload file and import
- That's it!
- Very important last step is to set the image resize width:
- Under Posts > click Tumblog options
- Set "Tumblog Image Width" to 563
Using the Built-in WooTumblog Functionality
Full Documentation Here
Have an iPhone, you can use Express to manage your blog!
Express is an iPhone app built to quickly and effortlessly publish images/links/notes and short posts, on the go, to your WooThemes powered WordPress website.
With WooThemes tumblog themes OR the WooTheme Tumblog plugin you can turn your conventional WordPress blog into a Tumblr-like website – all the while having the benefit of having complete ownership and control over your site content.
Available in the App Store, documentation.
Uploading Blog Post Images:
- No messing around with copy/pasting URL's for images, this theme makes it so easy to add unlimited photos to your listings:
- Open up a post
- Click the image icon next Upload/Insert
- Click Select Files
- Select your image
- Once uploaded, click Save all Changes at the bottom
- That's it! You can close the window, click Publish or Update and view your post.
C) Custom Shortcodes - top
This theme comes loaded with 22 custom shortcodes, all to make your life oh so much easier. What are shortcodes? They're are simple macro codes to be used in WordPress post content. There's no need for any HTML knowledge!
Using shortcodes has never been easier, they can all be used directly from the Post Editor toolbar using the quick insert buttons.
- Content shortcodes and instructions can be found here
- Layout shortcodes and instructions can be found here
D) CSS Files - top
Main Stylesheet - style.css
This file contains general styling, such as anchor tag colors, font-sizes, etc and specific element styling. The file is separated into sections using:
/** H Tags
If you would like to edit a specific section of the site, simply find the appropriate label in the CSS file, and then scroll down until you find the appropriate style that needs to be edited.
Each of these stylesheets uses @font-face to import custom fonts.
- colaborate.css - properties for the Colaborate font
- museosans.css - properties for the Museo Sans font
- museoslab.css - properties for the Museo Slab font
- quicksand.css - properties for the Quicksand font
- sansation.css - properties for the Sansation font
- titillium.css - properties for the Titillium font
Other Stylesheets Included
- css/validationEngine.jquery.css - form validation styles, recommend leaving this file alone.
- jquery.equalcolumns.js - ensures both the content area and sidebar are of equal heights.
- jquery.validationEngine.js - The form validation is handled by this file, this one doesn't require any editing.
F) PSD Files - top
G) FAQ - top
Q: My Contact page isn't working?
A: Make sure in WP Notebook Options > Contact > Success that your message is restricted to one line, meaning there's no line breaks. Otherwise this will break the validation/processing script.
Q: I get a "Broken Theme/Stylesheet Missing WordPress" error when uploading or activating?
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a "Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing" error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme.
This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly.
Luckily, there is a very easy fix: http://wiki.envato.com/buying/support-buying/solving-broken-theme-issues/
Q: My images aren't showing up?
- Make sure notebook > img_resize > cache folder is set to 777
- Make sure you have GD library installed on your server, comes by default wtih any running PHP 4.3+
- Your hosts server security might be blocking timthumb from working more on this here if you're on HostGator you'll need to contact support and have them disable mod_security.
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme. As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this theme. No guarantees, but I'll do my best to assist. If you have a more general question relating to the themes on ThemeForest, you might consider visiting the forums and asking your question in the "Item Discussion" section.
Go To Table of Contents